First semester as a secondary 1 in HCI

I feel that my first semester here as a secondary one is a fun and fruitful one as I have made new friends and already got used to the environment here. Although the days here are even more tiring and stressful than in those days during my primary school, I feel that I had benefited a lot and that all the effort that I have given is worthwhile.

HCI is very big with facilities that not all schools in Singapore might have. For example: a swimming pool, a well-equipped gym for us to work out and a track for the trackers etc. However, HCI being a big campus, it is quite a tiring job for you to walk from one destination to another.

Everyone is required to have CCA and my CCA is Waterpolo. We train three times a week, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday (CCA day). Although it is tiring, it offers many benefits like helping us to relax and most importantly have fun. However, we have long hours of training and usually ends very late. By the time we reach home, we will not have sufficient time to do our homework. The workload increases from primary to secondary, and we will have to adapt to the increase in workload and the decrease in time. Therefore, I usually sleep at about 11pm and wake up at 6am which is considered very good compared to others who only slept for 5-6 hours.

HCI also has an interesting way of tabulating the result of a student. It consists of three components. Your MSG (Mean Subject Grade), ACE, OP (Oral Participation). It also offers CIP etc for character development of a student, including the core values (J-tigerr) and Motto (自强不息)

For term1 I think I did okay with a MSG of 1.67. However, for term 2, I got a MSG of 1.83. I'm not very happy about my term 2 grade. I will try to work harder to achieve better results and that will be my goal for term 3. Although result does not mean everything but striving hard to the best of your ability will make all the efforts that you have put in pay off. And to achieve that, I will work extremely hard and not play too much during the coming June Holidays. I will have to buck up for all my subjects especially Language Art and History which I did very badly.

As the saying goes, “Failing to Plan is Planning to Fail”. Therefore I have to work on my planning and time management to achieve my target. The road ahead can be tough but I am willing to take on the challenge and see what really lies ahead in my way.

0 comments:

Followers

Web Counter

hit counter
About Me
Name:Marcus Ong
Age:13
DOB:1 July 1996
Presents pls!!!
School:De La Salle
Hwa Chong Institution
Class:1o1 2o1

Wishes
New hp!
New laptop

Tagboard